February 9 starting @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
“Berkshire Dogs Unleashed Puppy K with Lindsey” is a puppy socialization and a puppy obedience class in one. We focus on proper socialization and communication with like aged dogs and environmental desensitization for the building blocks of a well rounded adult dog. BDU Puppy K puts an emphasis on foundations for loose lead walking, reliable sit, down, come and stay.
We follow the AKC S.T.A.R. puppy guidelines with requirements of:
- Free of aggression toward people during at least 6 weeks of class
- Free of aggression toward other puppies in class
- Tolerates collar or leash of owners choice
- Owner can hug or hold puppy
- Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy
- Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner
- Grooming-Allows owner handling and brief exam (ears, feet)
- Walks on a Leash-Follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps)
- Walks by other people-Walks on leash past other people 5-ft away
- Sits on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Down on command-Owner may use a food lure
- Comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called
- Reaction to Distractions-distractions are presented 15-ft away
- Stay on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps and returns)
Age: 8 weeks – 12 months.
Breed: Any breed.
Equipment: Flat buckle collar or martingale and 6 foot leash, or slip leash.
Treats: At owners discretion.
If you would like your dog to receive the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy title (official AKC title) you must provide your dogs AKC number (if purebred) or get an AKC PALS number (if mix breed) to be eligible. A $25 money order or check made out to AKC must be provided on the last week of class.